“Out there, besides what is right and what is wrong, there is an enormous field. That is where we will meet."~Rumi

September 05, 2007

Fighting for Love

Some time ago I was speaking to a friend of mine. We were talking about our past relationships and about soul mates. He told me about his ex and how he realised that she was the one for him, but how she was with someone else now and living in another country.

I asked him if he had told her this and he said yes. I then asked him why he didn't go after her. He said that she was loyal and would not leave her current boyfriend.

Back then I believed in fighting for love. I couldn't figure out why, if you loved somebody that much, why you wouldn't go after them?? I thought, if I were that girl, I would want somebody who loved me that much to fight for me...it would be courageous...romantic...

And now, as I stand where my friend had stood, I understand why he did what he did. I think that true love cannot be fought for. Fighting and love do not go together no matter what anyone says.

I believe that to truly love and be immersed in love, one must surrender and let things be...

No comments: