“Out there, besides what is right and what is wrong, there is an enormous field. That is where we will meet."~Rumi

March 17, 2008

A Knowing...

She said to me..."You will be back." and she said "I love you."

I thought to myself...I don't even know you, how can you love me? And I thought, I won't be back because I know myself...plus I won't give you the satisfaction of being right...

I took a stand for myself, I put my foot down and said "I am withdrawing from the Assisting Program." We talked for some time. She said "You gave your word." and I said "Well that's just something I'll have to deal with myself." She said "No, I am not letting you quit. I am not accepting your resignation! I am taking a stand for you!" And I thought, "Well that's your choice." and I thought "I don't understand why you are taking a stand for me...you don't even know me."

So here I am 3.5 weeks later. And she knew. She knew that I would be back. She knew me better than I knew myself. And my self just feels utter gratitude and love. Now I understand her vision. Now I know her. Because now I know who I am.

No comments: