“Out there, besides what is right and what is wrong, there is an enormous field. That is where we will meet."~Rumi

July 04, 2007

A Visit...

Shortly after my godbrother Ray passed away back in 1998, I had a visitation from him. People who have experienced a visitation will tell you that it is very distinct from a dream. It's like a dream except that it is so vivid and your senses are heightened and you just have this awareness. Well, that was my experience anyway.

I remember vividly how I was at his place and I went around to the back-yard with my brother. I was talking to my brother and all of a sudden I caught something from the corner of my eye. I turned around and saw this brilliant golden-orange glow reflecting off the fence. The next thing I remember was Ray coming up to by brother and I (we were standing side-by-side), and he put his arms around both of us and he said to me...'I am alright'.

There was so much love that I could feel in this 'dream'. It was just amazing. The whole experience was amazing. It stayed with me for a long time afterwards. And when I went to pray for his soul at the Nan Tien Temple in Parramatta, I saw the golden statue of the Enlightened One and the colour was exactly that which was in my dream.

I cannot remember much more detail right now as it has been 9 years since that time...and with time the memory fades a little :-)

I do not really know why I have written this now. Perhaps it has to do with my mum's Aunt passing away last week. She was 90-something and I think lived a very long and good life.

I am just thinking in my head how many people I know have passed over since I left Sydney. Firstly my grand-dad on my mum's side passed away the day I left Sydney. Then my grand-dad on my dad's side passed away 4 months later. I also remember my friend Simon's dad who passed away, and then an uncle of mine. And now my mum's aunt.

I am not afraid of death. It is part of the cycle of life and death and life again :-) Life is never-ending. We never cease to exist. We just change forms :-)

No comments: