“Out there, besides what is right and what is wrong, there is an enormous field. That is where we will meet."~Rumi

December 24, 2006

Tis the season...

Happy holidays and all that jazz....Last Christmas I almost scared the living daylights out of my mum and dad when I paid a surprise visit to Sydney on Christmas morning :-) The look on my mum's face was just so priceless!!! My dad just stood at the door a bit dumb-founded, and then he started laughing at me!! My brother had already heard the commotion and so I couldn't jump on his bed to wake him up :-) My godmother had tears in her eyes upon seeing me, and my godsister just jumped on me squealing :-)

Last Christmas was great in Sydney. Went out drinking almost every night at different bars around the city with my friends and cousins...wherever there was Happy Hour :-) Everyone was in a relaxed mood as it was the festive season. I really loved being back home. I always love it back home :-) Sometimes you get to a point in your life where you just feel stuck, and you feel like you need to get out. That was me in the later months of 2004. And so when the offer to work over here in Swiss came up, I had to take it. It was my ticket out.

Going a bit off track here...but anyway, it's funny how the beaches in Sydney are one of the things I miss most, but I was never really a beach-goer at all!! I guess just the beauty of the place...of my city...of home. I had to leave Sydney to really appreciate it for what it is. It is THE best place in the world to live :-) Now I realise this :-)

Back to Christmas....well, this Christmas I hope to be hitting the slopes somewhere. My flatmate Petra and I just went out today and hired our snowboarding gear for the season. I am super-excited about it all!!! I have only been snowboarding twice but I loved every bit of it...and am looking forward to stacking it heaps when I attempt slopes greater than 10 degrees...hahha...At least I am well-equipped with helmet and goggles this time :-) I think I could hug my snowboard and fall asleep :-)

So, as much as I love Sydney, I think this Christmas will be awesome!! It will only be my second Christmas away from my family. The first time I was in China with friends. I guess I have to make the most of the time I have left here :-) and also take advantage of being so close to snow!!!

Well, Christmas Eve shall be a feast as I join Petra and her family for Christmas celebrations! I will probably definitely need the exercise on Christmas Day after pigging-out tomorrow!!!

Eat, drink and be Merry :-) And if you're in Sydney, keep warm for a change!

No comments: