“Out there, besides what is right and what is wrong, there is an enormous field. That is where we will meet."~Rumi

June 21, 2007

Who cares?

Waiting for my video to be uploaded on Facebook, I was browsing the Good News Network website (www.goodnewsnetwork.org)...And the stories there always move me in some way...

Sometimes I'm so busy doing my own thing, so busy in my world of technology that I forget. I forget that there are people out there who devote their time towards making this world a better place to live in. I forget that there are people that actually truly care for the well-being of others, for the state of the world in which we live in.

It's so easy to just forget sometimes because maybe we think the world is already a mess and beyond help. Perhaps we think that we alone cannot make a difference. Maybe we think...what good is it if I do something to help someone, to help the world around me and the person next to me just undoes what I go out to do?

What if we thought differently? What if you knew that you alone can make a difference to the world, by your actions, by your words? It all starts from somewhere. Quoting from Mohandas Ghandi..."Be the change that you want to see in the world."

No comments: