“Out there, besides what is right and what is wrong, there is an enormous field. That is where we will meet."~Rumi

January 24, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Wow!! At long last the snow here in Central Switzerland has arrived! Everyone was second-guessing whether or not the snow would come at all!! Last Friday, temperatures hit 16 degrees celcius! How crazy is that?! It makes you wonder about the effects of Global Warming!

Anyway, last night as I left the office, I waited for the bus and you could definitely feel the cold!! It had been raining a bit earlier, and I wondered, as I looked up at the street light, whether it was rain that I saw or teeny-tiny snowflakes falling down...then walking home from the bus-stop snowflakes fell...and I smiled...because at long last, winter had arrived!

I don't totally, absolutely love the snow...I prefer blue skies and sunshine any day! But there is just something magical about the whiteness...when everything around you is just...white. It's beautiful and it's just...wow!

The snow kept falling all day while I was at the office, and even when I got back home. This weekend I am heading to Arosa with Petra for some snowboarding :-) I think I have to wipe the dust off my snowboard gear since it was last used on Christmas Day!!! Crikey! It's been a whole month already!!! And in another two weeks I will be going for a ski/snowboard weekend with the rugby club! I really hope to snowboard more and at least learn some control while I board :-)

Nothing that exciting has been happening on this end. I've had a very busy two-weeks at work, even staying till midnight last Friday night (though trust me, I don't make a habit of it!). I just have to do what needs to be done! Booked a flight to London in May to watch the Heineken Cup final. By then, I will certainly be itching for a few days away!

That's my update! Hope all of you in Sydney are 'Slip, Slop, Slap' -ing if you're out in the hot hot sun! :-)

No comments: