“Out there, besides what is right and what is wrong, there is an enormous field. That is where we will meet."~Rumi

January 28, 2007

Weeeeeeeeeeee...

Woke up this morning at 5.30am to leave for Arosa ski resort. It took us about 4hrs to get there from when we left our place. The weather was just superb...and that makes it great snow and sunny blue skies 4 out of 4 times I have hit the slopes!!!

I didn't believe that I could have so much fun snowboarding...but today...today was heaps of fun!!! :-) To be honest I was a little scared of going snowboarding today. If Petra had told me she didn't feel like going, I would not have protested one bit!!! But away we went...and I am really glad that I did :-)

I guess the memories of Christmas Day were still in my mind where I really tackled the mountain and survived to tell the tale! All I remember about Christmas Day was having hardly any control of my board and flying down the mountain at very high speeds!!! And tumbling and falling heaps!!!

After today, where I was actually at one with my snowboard about 85% of the time, I can highly recommend beginners to try an intermediate or advanced run after two or three times on the snowboard. Seriously, going down an intermediate or advanced run takes the fear right out of snowboarding...for me anyway!...and it made today quite easy and really enjoyable :-)

I only did two runs today on the slopes, but I was really proud of my improvements and had a huge smile on my face all the way home :-) The first run of course took forever as I was still finding my feet and learning to keep 'on the edge', and yes, I still managed to get stuck in some snow :-) Then Petra and I stopped at one of the bars for over an hour, enjoying the sunshine and music and drinks :-) Then the second run was superb! I was having so much fun...I yelled out 'Weeeeeeeeeee...' and of course so soon as I did that, I stacked it! haha...

I am actually not afraid of going down slopes...you just kinda do it. Nor am I afraid of stacking it. My only fear is that I will take someone out or make them crash each time I fall over!!! I hate falling and then looking back to see all these expert skiiers and snowboarders come flying down!!! I hate being stuck there and almost always apologetic!!! Though I guess most of them have so much more experience behind them, that it would be easier for them to move around me! I guess they were all in my boots once :-)

Well, I'll try flying down the mountains over here a few more times before I head back to Oz :-) I think I'll definitely buy this snowboard set after the season is over :-)

No comments: