“Out there, besides what is right and what is wrong, there is an enormous field. That is where we will meet."~Rumi

January 24, 2007

What's in a dream?...

Two nights ago I had a mild headache as I finished work. Then I got a lift to Luzern from my colleague and it made the headache worse! It was great that Petra cooked that night because I pretty much went straight to bed after dinner, and it was only 9.30pm! I only go to bed that early if I am feeling ill...which thankfully is not too often!

So I popped a panadol and went to bed. Strangely enough, I woke the next morning and could remember the dreams which I had dreamt...

I saw my 'A-maa', who is my dad's mum, who passed away from cancer eighteen and a half years ago now (wow! has it really been that long?!!). I rarely dream about her, so it was strange that I did. I was never really that close to 'A-maa'. I was only ten when she passed away. I remember at her funeral my cousin Grace told my sister and I that we had to pretend to cry because it was a sad occasion. So I tried, but I don't think it quite worked for me. My mother on the other hand, scared the living daylights out of me at the funeral. All I could remember was that I was praying really hard for her not to fall into the hole in the ground when we had to sprinkle dirt onto the coffin. My mother was almost hysterical and I was so scared that she would fall in! Thankfully two of my uncles came to support her and take her away from the hole in the ground!!

Well, back to the dream...I spoke with my 'A-maa'...I was me as I am now, and she was sick with cancer. I walked beside her and supported her, and asked her how she was. I never remembered her to be a frail little thing, but in my dream, that's what I thought when I saw her. I helped her up some stairs. I helped her cross the road. I carried her in my arms to a mini-bus...

This mini-bus is somehow linked to a small airplane in my dream. And the next thing I know, I am squeezing in the back of this plane with a small red-headed freckled-faced kid and some big guy at the back. In the front seat, next to the pilot was a sick kid, who also had cancer.

I do not remember much else of that dream...

The next dream, I dreamt of my really good school friend Karèn. Ours is the type of friendship that will last a lifetime, no matter where in the world we are, and no matter if we are able to catch up twice a year or once every two years. We always pick up where we left off :-) Perhaps I dreamt about her because she might be coming to visit me sometime in March or April this year?!

The last dream was very personal and I woke up with tears in my eyes. It's like sometimes when you try to move forwards, something jerks you back. I do not know whether this dream was from my sub-conscious or a message of some sort...it leaves me pondering. I wonder if there'll be another chapter or episode?!!

I love how dreams are up for personal interpretation. You can consult all the dream dictionaries in the world, but only you yourself can unlock the real mysteries behind your dreams! If I remember my dreams, I try to write them down straight away. It certainly makes for interesting reading somewhere down the track! And it also helps me to understand myself better too :-) Sometimes :-)

No comments: