“Out there, besides what is right and what is wrong, there is an enormous field. That is where we will meet."~Rumi

January 16, 2007

Until September...

Last week, I finally admitted to myself and to my friend Jase that I am an unhappy chicken of late. For those of you that know me, you would never have guessed in a million years. But there you go!

I don't really have much motivation these days to get up and go to work. I have plenty to do, but there's nothing there that gives me that edge. Each day passes and 'it's just another day'. I remember maybe around 6 years ago, I used to wake up every morning and have the biggest smile on my face, and really feel that it was so great to be alive! Each day was a true blessing to wake up to. I wonder what happened to those days?

Being here in Switzerland, has taught me a hell of a great deal about myself. I have been through the most trying times and have had so many ups and downs. I am surrounded by so much beauty, but even they tend to just blend into the background. I am surrounded by so many 'friends' yet I have felt the loneliest that I have ever felt in my entire life. I smile and I laugh and my disposition is almost always cheery. Yet if one looked into my eyes, they would know the truth.

I have made a decision to finish up work in August, although I have yet to inform my company (so please don't inform them before I do :-)). In August, 28 months would have lapsed since I started here. That's a long time to be away from home!!! August would also mark 5 years for me working in this same industry. Perhaps it will be time for a change, perhaps not. Anything goes.

I plan to travel to France and Wales to watch some Rugby World Cup in September, and in between I may as well visit Scotland and perhaps Ireland too. Then I will be back home in the second-half of September! I really can't wait until I finally head home; however I cannot live my life just hanging for that time. Eight more months is quite a long while!

So, until September I will just have to make the most of my time here and try to enjoy things as much as I can.

No comments: